The Books of Magic - Neil Gaiman, Paul Johnson, Scott Hampton, John Bolton, Roger Zelazny, Charles Vess Long before we had the dreaded "Harry Potter", there was one boy who was destined to become the greatest magician who ever existed on the face of the earth...

This is the story about a young boy named Tim Hunter, and he is taken by the "Trenchcoat Brigade" (a.k.a. John Constanine, the Phantom Stranger, Dr. Occult and Mister E) and they take him through history and different realms in an attempt to educate him about the magical world and his place in it. He meets many magicians and makes a choice that will change his life forever!

Years after I read The Books of Faerie, I put aside the story until I began hearing about how JKR must have ripped off Neil Gaiman's Books of Magic. After I stopped reading Harry Potter, I began to wonder if I should read Tim Hunter's story.

And I did...after 6 years of putting it off.

I must say that this story was excellent; not because it was done by Neil Gaiman, but because it turned out to be a fantastic story that unites everything that I love about sci-fi and fantasy. I really wish that I could read the whole series and discover more of Tim's world.

And as an afterthought, this should have been the biggest movie of all time, and not Harry Potter.